I. Action/Reaction Principle in a few Animated Films
A. Introduce the idea behind action/reaction principle
B. Introduce 3 scenes from 3 films that don't follow the action/reaction principle
1. Open Season 3, “Circus jump scene (102-103 min.)
2. The Croods, “Breakfast Gathering Scene”
3. Hotel Transylvania “The fart scene”
II. Action/Reaction Open Season 3
A. Short synopsis of Open Season 3
B. Introduce the scene in which the principle of action/reaction is broken
1. Talk about the circus scene in which a human character launches a 100 lbs. dog 15 ft. into the air considering that the human probably physically weight less than the dog.
C. Talk about what would be a more believable scenario.
III. Action/Reaction The Croods
A. Short Synopsis of the Croods
B. Introduce the Breakfast Gathering scene and point out areas in which the action/reaction principle is broken.
1. Talk about how many of the tackles involved in the scene lack the believability of reactions to due to the actions involved.
C. Talk about a more believable scenario.
IV. Action/Reaction Hotel Transylvania
A. Short Synopsis of Hotel Transylvania
B. introduce the scene in which the principle of action/reaction is broken.
1. The scene in which a fart becomes a combustive explosion.
C. Talk about what would happen in the real world.
A. Summary of points and scenes
B. Reiterate Thesis